The world's best makers and creators - now shipping to the US!
SHOP THE SALE WITH UP TO 70% OFF!
Ships from Surry Hills, Australia
27cm x 18cm
200 colour illustrations
Mexico: The Cookbook is the definitive bible of Mexican home cooking. With a culinary history dating back 9,000 years, Mexican food draws influences from Aztec and Mayan Indians and is renowned for its use of fresh aromatic ingredients, colourful presentations and bold food combinations.
The book features more than 700 delicious and authentic recipes that can be easily recreated at home. From tamales, fajitas, and moles to cactus salad, blue crab soup, and melon seed juice, the recipes are a celebration of the fresh flavours and ingredients from a country whose cuisine is revered around the world.
- Features more than 700 authentic recipes that can be easily recreated at home
- Recipes are a celebration of the fresh flavours and ingredients from a country whose cuisine is revered around the world
- Includes an extensive introduction to Mexican culinary history, ingredients and techniques
- Organised by food type/style (Street Food, Starters & Salads, Soups, Fish & Seafood, Meat, Vegetables, Rice & Beans, Accompaniments, Bread & Pastries, and Desserts & Beverages)
- The Chef Menu section offers inspirational recipes and menus by some of the worlds most prominent Mexican chefs
About the author: Born in Mexico, Margarita Carrillo Arronte has dedicated more than 25 years to researching, studying, teaching and cooking Mexican cuisine. From 1996 to 2006, she was the Mexican Ministry of Agricultures chef and organised Mexican food festivals and gala dinners across North America, Europe and Asia. In 2010, she led a campaign to get Mexican cuisine recognised as a UNESCO cultural property. In addition to teaching Mexican Cuisine at Cucul Cultura Culinaria A.C. and the National University of Mexico, Carillo Arronte is also the leader of the Slow Food movement in Baja and runs the restaurants, Don Emiliano (San Jose del Cabo) and Casa Mexico (Mexico City). She lives in Mexico City.
This item will be dispatched within 2 business days. Shipping options available at checkout include:
IXXI banana leaf wall art (multiple sizes)
Suck UK butterfly umbrella
DOIY Roll Dog waste bag dispenser
DOIY chalkboard masks (set of 10)
Eva Solo my big tea
Kakkoii tack tack health watch