The work Christmas party survival guide
It’s almost that time of the year again, with the office Christmas party just around the corner. Deciding what to wear is all part of the fun of the occasion, even if it is a bit of a dilemma trying to balance professionalism with your personality outside of work. Go for an understated dress paired with some fun heels and stand out accessories to achieve the perfect blend of professional and social.
But don’t be fooled by the term “party”. While you’re definitely entitled to toast the successes of the past year, it pays to remember who you’re partying with. With these few handy hints, you’re guaranteed to spread some Christmas cheer without the fear of awkward conversations in the office the next day.
Office Christmas party survival tips:
- Match every alcoholic drink with a non-alcoholic one to prevent embarrassing karaoke situations.
- Keep a handy pair of foldable flats in your bag so you’re able to stay on your feet all night.
- Leave the work conversations in the office and get to know your colleagues.
Florals are fun for summer and make the perfect outfit for the work Christmas party.
- ‘Keely’ silk stripe back dress, $315
- ‘Rose and star’ ring, $159
- Turquoise ‘fan’ necklace, $239
- Yellow leather zip pouch, $79.95
- ‘Lolita’ heels in turquoise, $149.95
You can’t go wrong with a neutral colour palette. Combine natural colours with pops of black for a classic look.
- ‘Coin drop’ earrings, $54
- ‘Garcia Zeus’ clutch in cream, $169
- ‘Disc’ 18ct gold-plated sterling silver necklace, $109
- ‘Isla’ embossed leather mules, $130
- ‘Louvre’ embroidered skirt, $159.95
There’s no better way to get in the Christmas spirit than with a colourful outfit that’s sure to turn heads for all the right reasons.
- ‘Tyra’ dress in ‘dandelion coral’, $99
- ‘Sparkle sparkle holiday’ lippy trio, $49.95
- ‘Viktoria’ peep toe heels, $179.95
- ‘Well connected’ necklace, $98
- Croc-embossed leather clutch, $89
- ‘Love’ knot ring, $69
Hardtofind is Australia’s leading online curated marketplace for gifts, fashion and homewares.