The golden touch: the latest colour trend
Nikki Yazxhi from bellaMUMMA is loving the gold and blush trend this season.
Before bellaMUMMA, I was the editor of two of magazines that involved working with a VERY pink palette. Hot pink, fluoro pink, bubblegum pink – it was pink overload. For years I couldn’t bring myself to buy or wear anything pink, but recently things have changed. Maybe it’s because now, as a mother of two sons, I’m counterbalancing all the boy-ness, who knows! The shades I’m into now are more subdued, more pale, more ballerina, more nude. Think blush! And I’m loving it mixed with gold.
To make this trend work, stick to one or two pieces and work them in with neutrals, grey or black. Less is more when it comes to this trend: overdo it, and you’ll end up with a look that’s too fairy or princess!
Nikki’s favourite blush and gold-inspired finds
1. ‘Kinetic’ rose wine glasses (set of 2), $150. The perfect match for your fave red!
2. Cotton and linen Turkish towel, $39. Gorgeous for home or the beach.
3. Personalised notecards in light pink, $35. One of my New Year’s resolutions was to send thank you cards by post. These are seriously perfect for just that.
4. ‘Hello sunshine’ gold foil print, $22.14. Everyone needs a little sunshine in their life! An awesome pick-me-up or thank you pressie for a best friend, or for yourself!
5. ‘Pamper’ gift pack, $64. I adore these bath salts, they smell divine. And the body lotion, hello super-soft skin.
6. Mineral loose eye colour in gold, $19.13. Have always love a bit of glitter! This loose glitter is great for wearing alone, or over your fave eye shadow to add a bit of “tszuj”.
7. ‘Laura’ gold fleck pony ankle boots, $199.95. Love these – they’re a little bit pretty, a little bit edgy, a little bit rock and roll! I’m thinking these will get even better with age.
8. ‘Harlem’ clutch in nude, white and rose gold, $99.95. Love how this works clutch with the strap for day, and without for night.
9. Soft pink ‘ikat’ lounge pants, $65.90. Essential for the weekend.
10. ‘Keira’ sunglasses in quartz, $98. Face flatterers at their very best!
Nikki Yazxhi is the founder and editor of bellaMUMMA, a beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog. She previously worked in magazines, including Harpers Bazaar, Girlfriend, Barbie Magazine for Girls and Cosmopolitan. You can visit her blog at www.bellamumma.com.